Background

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to School

It's hard to believe that this is my second week back in school! The summer seemed to breeze by. The summer was not what anyone was expecting. We spent a lot of our time in the hospital with my grandfather who fell ill during the summer. The interesting thing is that when somebody is very sick you get to meet family members who you have never seen or don't remember seeing. One family member in particular was getting to meet my Great Uncle Fred. Uncle Fred was fun to be around because he giggles all the time! If you ask him where he wants to sit he will giggle and say "yeah"! He also says that he is going to by himself a truck so he can drive. While he was here, he locked himself in a closet (at 3 AM) and screamed "Help, somebody get me out of here." The next day nobody was allowing him to take a nap!

On top of being in the hospitals constantly over the summer, I also volunteered at another hospital and put together nursing orientation notebooks, filed and made charts in the medical records office, and the most exciting thing was being able to meet elderly and younger people who just need somebody to talk to.

Last week I started my senior year of high school! My first three classes for the next 9 weeks will be : English 12 A, U.S. Government A, and Basic Math A. So far it isn't too bad. Although I did have to read Beowulf my first week of English. I don't know why I'm complaining considering I received a 96% on the final test. For Government I studied how to require a U.S. citizenship. For math I was working on place value.

This week I will be working on addition for math, the Constitution and Declaration of Independence for Government, and Chaucer and Canterbury Tales for English. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment